SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Shampoo Review


Hi Pinks!

I hear the word rose said loud in the beauty world. I am so glad, because I love roses so much. Roses are known for its skin enhancing properties for ages. Roses are used in face wash, toners, moisturisers, anti-ageing creams, shampoos, conditioners, etc, etc...... you can find roses in all forms of beauty products.

I use Roses in different ways. I want to start using Rose Essential Oils too, but they are really expensive, so I need to wait a while before investing.

I am very particular in picking my hair and skin care products. I would prefer organic products without sulphates and paraben. 

SheaMoisture is been my favourite hair care brand for the past one and half years. I am using Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask currently. Click here to read review. I usually try the shampoo and if I like it, I will buy other products in the line. I finish my shampoo bottles before I finish half of my conditioner bottle.

I liked the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo so much, you can read the review here. But I was thinking to trying something different from SheaMoisture. I searched Target's website to see what other shampoos SheaMoisture carries. I searched Target's website instead of SheaMoisture's website because I buy it from Target. At times I cannot find what I see in SheaMoisture's website at Target, you know what I mean.

When I searched the Target website, I was so excited to see a Rose shampoo!!! I immediately wanted it. I thought of ordering it online, but Mr.Man wanted to take me shopping, so I went to Target!

After shopping the Bullseye's Playground (you can read the mini haul here), I went straight to the shampoo aisle. I felt really lucky to find the last tube of the SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Shampoo tube. I would have been really disappointed if I didn't find it. 





I was shopping around the skin care products aisle, I was surprised to find SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask too. Oh God I am so rose blessed today!

Okay now lets get into the shampoo review!

The shampoo comes in a squeeze tube packaging, which is a plus for me. I like it because I don't need to keep my shampoo upside down when I am about to finish my shampoo, you know what I mean. I hate it when I don't keep things how it is suppose to be. 

If you love floral scents, you will love the shampoo's scent. It is a mild rose scent. Anyone can expect the scent just from the name. The featured ingredient is Rose itself. I love to smell it in the shower. The rose smell stays in the hair for a pretty long time. If your someone who doesn't like rose or floral scents I would ask you to skip this shampoo.

The shampoo has a 'not so thick' or 'not so watery' consistency. It was very easy to work with. It lathers pretty decently. The shampoo leaves my scalp squeaky clean. 

I love the smell of the shampoo, it makes shampooing a pleasure for me. I really expected it to make my hair silky smooth and soft. I was disappointed. Roses always worked wonders on my skin and hair. I thought I was doing something wrong and that is the reason for my dry hair. 

I continued to use the shampoo. My hair is soft and smooth by nature. My DIY oil hair mask, which you can find here helps me maintain it. I am really disappointed to say this because I love SheaMoisture. But I find this shampoo is striping my hair's natural oils and making it dry and frizzy. 

I will try using this shampoo and find if it works at least as a clarifying shampoo for me. I really wanted to fall in love with this shampoo. I will update you how it worked after few more uses.

Featured Ingredients

Peace Rose Oil Complex - 
Blend of Alpine, Damask and Musk Rose Oils softens hair and skin.


Date Palm Extract - Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, smooths and protects skin and hair.

Camellia Leaf Extract - Natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helps to calm and soothe skin and scalp.


Description as in Shea Moisture Website

Gently cleanse and silken hair with this Sulfate-free shampoo infused with the romantic essence of rose. Certified organic Shea Butter blends with our mood-elevating, proprietary Peace Rose Oil Complex in a hydrating formula that nourishes hair fibers and leaves hair silky, soft and smooth. Date Palm Extracts help protect delicate hair.

Pros

  • It smells great
  • Affordable
  • Packaging
  • Ingredients 
  • Scalp feels squeaky clean


Cons 

  • Strips my hair's natural oil 
  • Leaves my hair dry 




Have you tried this shampoo? Do you love it or not? Let me know in the comments below.

This is my honest opinion and this is not a sponsored review in anyway. I bought the product with my own money.


Thank you so much for reading. 
If you liked this post please do share it and subscribe to my mailing list to receive all my new post without missing it.


#mypinks






3 comments:

  1. May be it works for very oily hair! Will suggests this to my auntie who tends to have oily hair (what do you think?)
    ♡ x!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie! Sorry for the delayed reply. This will be a very good shampoo for a person with oily scalp. I have oily scalp and when I use it I feel squeaky clean.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can’t wait to read lots of your posts.
    Best skin care product line

    ReplyDelete

Instagram